When Siba’s Table first aired on Food Network, it not only cemented Chef Siba Mtongana standing as South Africa’s premier culinary phenomenon, but catapulted her to the status of global food icon in more than 135 countries worldwide, and 60 million homes in the USA through the Cooking Channel alone.
The world was hungry for the local and African dishes with a twist this Food and Consumer Sciences with majors in Food Sciences and Nutrition, former magazine food editor and model served up – and continues to consume every bite she creates with her unique dazzling deftness.
With so much under her belt including being one of the most in-demand celebrity chefs on an array of local and international programmes, at food festivals the world over and not forgetting on glossy magazine covers.
It is hard to sum up just how barricade-breaking this down-to-earth chef with her humble, Mdantsane, Eastern Cape roots has been.
Some bespoke highlights include:
- Siba’s re-invention as a business-savvy entrepreneur as evidenced through the formation of The Siba Co, a Food Solutions and Innovation Holdings Company:
- In 2019, The Siba Co was hand-picked by the presidency to culinary direct and curate the VIP menu for the inauguration of South African President Cyril Ramaphosa, serving 450 guests, including heads of states, former presidents kings, queens and global business moguls.
- In 2015, the best-selling cookbook ever in its retail class, My Table, was published and marketed by The Siba Co.
- Then in 2017, My Table won two prestigious awards at the Gourmand World Cookbook Awards in China.
- Siba was the first South African ever to win the Special Award of the Jury for the legacy her book leaves and pop culture impact it has in her beloved home country.
- Her plethora of awards – Siba has won 5 US Film and Television Awards and 4 Awards locally.
‘Being able to bring my continent the food acclaim it deserves is both a privilege and a blessing,’ says Siba, who can add the esteemed Ubuntu Award to her platter of prestigious accolades for doing just that.
Ever the entrepreneur, much of her focus remains invested in The Siba Co and its Menu and Recipe Development arm/VIP bespoke and experiential catering service as sought after by leading restaurants, hospitality showcases and industry leaders in the food service trade.
Travels from: Cape Town, South Africa
- South Africa – from R150,000 – R175,000
- International – from $20,000 – $30,000