Known as the “Queen of Remote Work,” Sara Sutton has more than 20 years of experience in the online job market industry. She is the CEO and founder of FlexJobs, an innovative career website specializing in full-time and part-time remote jobs, employee and freelance jobs, and on-site jobs with flexible, part-time, and alternative schedules, and founder of Remote.co, a one-stop resource for remote teams and companies, and the 1 Million for Work Flexibility initiative.
Sara is also the creator of The TRaD* Works Forum, dedicated to helping companies leverage the benefits of telecommuting, remote, and distributed teams.
Sutton is an expert and speaker on a wide variety of topics related to the future of work, such as the impact of remote work, the hybridization of the workforce (freelance v. employee), gender equity, economic development, unemployment and underemployment, and entrepreneurship.
She has appeared in hundreds of media pieces, including the BBC, TechCrunch, Time, the Wall Street Journal, The NY Times, Fast Company, CNN, NBC, Forbes, Inc., and many others.
Sara believes that integrating remote work can positively impact people’s lives and transform organizations to be more modern, productive, efficient, healthy, environmentally-friendly, and overall resilient given the various needs and demands going on in the world around us.
She was named as a Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum and serves on its Advisory Group. Sara holds a BA from UC Berkeley and resides in Boulder, Colorado.
Areas of Sara Sutton’s expertise include:
- Flexible job market: telecommuting, flexible schedule, freelance, and part-time jobs
- Economic, social, and environmental impacts of the flexible work economy
- Future hybridization of the workforce (gig economy)
- Cross-border remote hiring and global impact of remote work
- Personal and professional benefits of flexible working
- Gender equity and work flexibility
- Remote work for rural populations
- Remote workforce management
- Job scams and safe job searching
- Job search and career advice
Travels from: Boulder, CO
Speaking fees: On request from Speakers Inc above