Sara Ross and her company provide brain-based tools to decrease stress and exhaustion and increase Leadership Vitality by strengthening the skills of energy management, emotional intelligence, and resilience. Sara’s ideas and research are earning her a reputation as a fresh and thought-provoking voice in the discussions focused on the future of work.
Before founding Brain AMPED, Sara spent a decade immersed in the neuroscience of Emotional Intelligence (EQ) and Performance at a leadership training company where she served as their Vice President and Global Head of Leadership Innovation, Research and Training.
As head of faculty, Sara and her team led the development and delivery of award-winning leadership programs, assessments, coaching and accreditation programs helping leaders from across the globe be their best, even in the most complex and pressure-filled moments.
Sara has worked with Fortune 500 companies such as; Microsoft, UnitedHealth Group, Verizon, Sprint, Rogers and Allstate, Procter and Gamble, New York Life, tech companies such as Adobe and Salesforce; financial firms such as Scotiabank, Fidelity, BMO, TD Bank and PwC; pharmaceutical companies such as Sunovion and Bayer; educational institutes such as Smith College and the University of Toronto; Healthcare as well as various associations across North America; and as diversely as the leadership team of the NBA’s Orlando Magic.
Her clients have ranged from surgeons, bankers, lawyers, air traffic controllers and engineers to government agencies, nurses, nonprofits, start-ups and entrepreneurs. This broad perspective and diverse experience help explain why she is often called on to work with some of the most senior, technically sophisticated and skeptical audiences.
Balancing relevance and practicality with a contagious energy, Sara integrates cutting-edge science with real-life stories of success and failures. Her approach is guaranteed to challenge the status quo, provide new insights and inspiration, and most importantly, leave audiences with a blueprint of actionable strategies.
Sara has a Master of Science (MSc.) Graduate Degree. Outside of work, she is a coffee loving, meditation rookie who can’t help but slip in the occasional Canadian “eh” at the end of a sentence. Her husband describes her career as professional eavesdropping-people-watching. She argues that she is merely a dedicated street scientist doing her professional duty to better understand why people do what they do, and why they don’t do what they know they should!
Virtual or Live Keynotes:
- IGNITING YOUR LEADERSHIP VITALITY
To lead in a world that never stops
Organizations know that to be successful in a knowledge economy, both expertise and fostering intellectual curiosity are critical to drive innovation. They understand the value of emotional intelligence and not only recognize that these characteristics set great leaders
apart, but that they are non-negotiable skills required to thrive in a service-oriented marketplace. And yet, with all the acknowledgement and investment in capitalizing on these skills, something is missing, and stress is rising.
WHAT COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE IS YOUR ORGANIZATION MISSING?
In this keynote, Sara Ross will share the missing piece of the success equation that all too often is over-looked and under-valued. The thing that not only fuels people and organizations but amplifies their emotional and intellectual abilities, while strengthening their capacity to buffer the impact of stress. This key piece is what Sara calls the Vitality Factor.
This isn’t just about stress management, time management or simply sleeping more and working less. This is about strategy. How to move performance and leadership to the next level in an on-demand world where an abundance of information, distractions, and expectations are unrelentingly pulling on time, energy and attention.
The research is clear, how an organization manages that vitality factor will either burn their people out or allow them to burn bright and bring their best work forward.
WHICH TYPE OF LEADER DOES YOUR ORGANIZATION WANT?
Sara will leave audiences with fresh insights, practical know-how and the inspiration to make things happen as she shares how to implement the right kind of vitality boosting practices to help leaders show-up day after day with energy, focus and enthusiasm, including:
- The three biggest misconceptions leading to over-stressed, under-fueled brains and how this deceivingly influences decisions, effectiveness and performance impact;
- A Key Vitality Indicator (KVI) system to identify the tipping point where more work becomes counterproductive and healthy challenge becomes unhealthy stress;
- A Brain C.A.R.E. Scorecard to identify capacity drainers (including email and meeting depletion), and how to re-engineer practices that expand productive vitality ranges;
- Insights to help leaders shift from inadvertently being a Vitality-Depleter to a positive Vitality Ambassador by multiplying each of these practices across teams and workplaces.
STAND OUT WITHOUT BURNING OUT
By Increasing Your Stress Vitality Quotient
Taking on anything challenging, even when meaningful, is going to involve stress. In a world defined by unrelenting intensity and change – all on the heels of a global pandemic, it’s not surprising that there has been a spike in stress levels and a drop in energy levels with many feeling consumed by work, behind on life, and perpetually stressed out!
The challenge is that traditional approaches focus on getting rid of stress and exhaustion, but this doesn’t work because it causes people to inadvertently disconnect from the activities, the people, and the values that replenish and refuel them.
There is another, better option.
In this Keynote, Sara Ross will share her latest research that shows shifting focus towards increasing your Stress Vitality QuotientTM (SVQ) is a more powerful and sustainable approach. If you feel like you’ve been running on fumes, Sara will give you tools to get you back to firing on all cylinders, including
- Helping you spot and avoid the two most deceiving “Brain Traps” that disguise themselves as paths to success but instead negatively influence your decisions, effectiveness, energy and relationships.
- A Key Vitality Indicator (KVI) system to identify the tipping point where more work becomes counterproductive and healthy challenge becomes unhealthy stress.
- Strategies to give you the courage and confidence to address boundary-creep with practices to expand your productive vitality ranges.
- A set of what Sara calls “Small-Shift-Strategies” to help you disconnect from work stresses, manage digital devices, and better replenish your energy with the quality of practices even when you don’t have an abundance of time.
USING THESCIENCE OF EQ
To Stress-Proof You
Whether at work or at home, there is no doubt that Emotional Intelligence (EQ), has been one of the most heavily tested skills of 2020. Never has it been as important to demonstrate, and yet, in the face of constant uncertainty, working virtually, and on the heels of a global pandemic – never has it been as difficult to practice, especially when feeling mentally and emotionally exhausted. In this keynote, Sara Ross is going to help you change that.
Sara has studied stress and the influence of emotions on performance, leadership, and burnout for over a decade. Her research shows that EQ not only helps buffer stress, but it also instills a sense of vitality by amplifying one’s experience and expertise, helping people make good decisions in demanding situations, and creating the confidence to adapt to uncertainty. Perhaps most importantly, EQ is key to building strong connections to help you manage your energy both at work and at home.
Building on cutting-edge research from positive psychology, neuroscience, and her current work coaching companies through the pandemic, Sara will share:
- The top two behaviors that differentiate the best from the rest, and the mindset shifts that are required to practice them regardless of your role or title.
- The brain science of emotions with insights to more effectively separate work and home and cope with “digital depletion” brought on by virtual collaboration.
- A stress-buffering strategy to deal with difficult emotions, manage energy and adapt to change.
- A model to help extend empathy for others experiences, emotions, and unique circumstances while also addressing challenges and your needs in a head-on way, trust strengthening way.
*This Keynote is best for general and mixed level audiences
Travels from: Ontario, Canada
- Virtual – $8,500 – $12,500
- In-Person: $15,000 and 1/2 day is $25,000 (excludes travel, accommodation, shuttles)