Nick Abrahams is the Global Head of Technology & Innovation for Norton Rose Fulbright, a professional services firm with over 7,000 employees, Nick Abrahams is at the front line of global business & innovation.
Nick created the world’s first AI-enabled privacy chatbot and was a category winner in the Financial Times Asia-Pac Innovator of the Year Awards in 2020.
Separate to NRF, he is the founder of Australia’s leading online legal service, LawPath which has over 150,000 users and was recognised in the 2020 Deloitte Fast 50 as one of Australia’s fastest growing companies.
He is a director of: global genomics research leader, the Garvan Foundation; the Vodafone Foundation and the Sydney Film Festival.
In December 2020 he stepped off the board of ASX300 software company, Integrated Research after six years.
He is the author of two Amazon best-selling books Digital Disruption in Australia and Big Data, Big Responsibilities.
Nick Abrahams is a futurist. But Nick’s real-world business experience makes him very different to other futurists. Nick doesn’t just read about trends, he lives them every day in his various roles.
The knowledge he gains from being at the front line of global business means his presentations have a currency and a credibility that is hard to match.
1. The Digital Asset Revolution
Web 3.0: Three Trillion Reasons to Learn More About Cryptocurrency & the Metaverse
This session is perfect for leaders and aspirational leaders who are interested in how technology will impact the future of all industries. Nick de-mystifies these topics for mainstream audiences with some added humour along the way. Key take always for those attending Nick’s session include:
- Summary of major mainstream use-cases for crypto aka “Ten uses for crypto that don’t involve buying drugs on the dark web”. This will explain to the audience why we need to care
- A simple explanation of the key technologies involved. Not enough to build your own smart contract but enough to sound smart at a dinner party
- Which industries are getting impacted fastest
- Simple strategies for how your business can benefit from the digital asset revolution
2. Smart Digital Transformation
The Future of Your Business is Digital or Doomed
Nick leads the Digital Transformation Practice at global firm Norton Rose Fulbright and has advised many of the world’s largest companies on their digital transformation strategies. This session is perfect for leaders and aspirational leaders who want to understand the main trends driving digital transformation and how they can apply these trends in their own businesses. This session can be tailored specifically to deal with how digital transformation is impacting any industry eg. financial services, health, energy, retail, property, construction, education, government, mining etc.
Nick will provide strategic guidance, actionable insights and a few laughs along the way. Key take always for those attending Nick’s session include:
- Examples of companies that have successfully avoided oblivion by embracing digital transformation, eg. Walmart
- Specific examples of companies in your industry that have achieved great results as a result of their digital strategies
- Understanding & managing the key enabler of digital transformation – data
- Simple explanations of the main technologies which facilitate digital transformation
- Winning at “The Innovation Dating Game” finding the right innovation partners and the right way to partner with them