Deborah Deras is one of the top Latina speakers and influencers in North America. As a sought-after keynote speaker, she has spoken on stages for large corporations such as NBC, General Electric, J.P. Morgan, British Petroleum, Procter & Gamble, Macy’s, Kaiser Permanente and State Farm Insurance.
In 2012, the eWomen’s Network placed her in the top 15 speakers of North America and Hispanic Lifestyle awarded her the title of Latina Influencer of 2017. She is also a past nominee for Latina Business of the Year for both the Latin Business Association and National Latina Business Women’s Association.
She was presented in 2016, with a Latina Leadership award by New York Life Insurance. In 2018, she received a Women of Influence Award in Ontario, California at the All Women Rock conference.
Her charismatic energy, engaging spirit and contagious enthusiasm make her an unstoppable force adored by audiences nationwide. Deborah unveils her wealth of knowledge for achieving success through alignment. She helps her audiences understand complex concepts of neuroscience and quantum physics in a simple, easy to apply manner in her fun and interactive program. Her audiences report improved performance immediately upon returning back into the office and take the benefits of the success strategies into their personal lives.
She interweaves her own personal stories of her brother’s death, a traumatic divorce and near-death experience to truly convey how much she has had to overcome to become the leading Latina businesswoman she is today. Her life is an example of what can be accomplished through the power of synergy, mastering your mindset and having the right tools to align for success.
PROGRAMS FACILITATED BY TOP LATINA SPEAKER DEBORAH DERAS
THE SHRM BODY OF COMPETENCY AND KNOWLEDGE™ FUNCTIONAL AREA #3: Employee Engagement & Retention
The SHRM Body of Knowledge states “Employee turnover and poor performance can be extremely costly and disruptive to organizations. HR practices that create and maintain an engaged, satisfied workforce and a positive organizational culture, however, can mitigate these problems, by improving organizational performance and the retention of high-performing talent.”
Increase Engagement, Peak Performance and Reduce Burnout Workplace stress and burnout is costing businesses over $150 billion dollars and leads to absenteeism, turnover and increased healthcare costs.
HR professionals at Google, Nike, Apple, Aetna, and Goldman Sachs have implemented Mindfulness programs to develop and maintain a positive organizational culture. HR professionals should know how to design and create systems and interventions that apply these concepts to improve job attitudes and build a positive organizational culture.
During Deborah’s keynote program, she will detail strategies that HR Professionals can incorporate in their engagement and retention strategies.
- Define the terms: workplace mindfulness, energy management, and energy balance system
- Summarize the strategies of mindfulness and energy management and how they increase engagement, peak performance, and retention
- Apply the strategies through small group work on how mindfulness and energy management techniques foster increased productivity
- Distinguish the differences between mindfulness vs thinking, creative energy, and stress, balance vs burnout in the workplace
- Formulate programs at their companies that will reduce burnout, stress and improve focus and productivity
- Establish a 4-step process to reduce conflict within themselves and others and increase engagement, balance, and productivity
- Assess how to recognize and reframe counterproductive thought patterns that can distract the mind from the tasks at hand and teach the strategies to employees
How to Speak with Confidence for Peak Performance
THE SHRM BODY OF COMPETENCY AND KNOWLEDGE™ FUNCTIONAL AREA #3: Employee Engagement & Retention
Effective Public Speaking is one of the most powerful skills any leader can possess. If we know how to communicate our thoughts and ideas in a captivating way, we can lead and influence our constituents and get ahead of our competitors.
During this highly interactive program designed for novices and experienced presenters alike, participants learn how to captivate an audience and relieve nervousness so they can make an impact and deliver a memorable presentation every time.
Deborah Deras is an expertly trained speaker by Toastmaster International, the National Speakers Association. T. Harv Ecker, Train the Trainer and Christopher Howard Companies. Her humorous approach to teaching puts everyone at ease and creates an environment where audience members don’t just passively take in information; they apply what they learn in their daily lives that radically impacts their performance and results.
In this fascinating program, Deborah reveals how the “INFORMATION OVERLOAD” has fundamentally reduced attention spans and why people can no longer stay engaged for longer than a few seconds. So how you can engage, captivate and capture the attention of your boss during an interview to land your dream position or a presentation to an audience?
With the latest pedagogical research and case studies specific to your industry, Deborah will teach your audience how living in a high tech, constantly distracted world requires a higher level of true authentic connection and engagement to get your point across. If you are a salesperson, manager or industry leader, you need to communicate and present your message in a clear and consistent way. But how can you do it with so much static of distraction everywhere?
To speak and connect in today’s overstimulated age, you must learn the rules of engagement and the keys to connection in order to influence behavior. Deborah uses customized, real-world case studies and interactive audience participation to model and increase retention for the audience to experience her concepts in action. Deborah teaches your audience how to connect with, present powerfully and influence their target market to achieve your organization’s goals.
- Discover the psychology of connection to be able to in 15 seconds capture your audience
- Identify the 5 ways humans connect so you can incorporate them into your speech
- Uncover strategies to engage and connect with anyone anywhere
- Examine the new research on attention span and information overload
- Learn how to influence the new mindset of customers/constituents
- Practice peer-to-peer presentation exercises to get instant feedback
Networking: How to Connect With Anyone, Anytime
Building a large professional network creates strong business connections for business referrals, advancement, job opportunities, and mentorship. In addition, networking provides opportunities to gain knowledge, confidence and leadership skills. Currently, 85% of jobs in the U.S. are procured through networking connections. However, as many as 1 in 4 professionals do not network at all.
There are numerous ways of networking: Face-to-face conversations, networking groups, business social mixers, masterminds, professional training programs and social media channels (i.e. LinkedIn). Corporate professionals must master relationship building skills in order to build a strong network of colleagues, partners and mentors to further their professional development and create new opportunities for themselves and for their company.
During Deborah’s keynote program, she details proven networking strategies that Corporate Professionals can use to network more effectively and meaningfully to increase visibility for their company and foster strategic connections for professional advancement.
- Define the terms: successful networking, masterful communication and relationship building
- Establish the skills of mindfulness to effectively communicate in a networking setting
- Give an overview of how technology has impacted the workplace culture and how to adjust networking skills to accommodate for these changes
- Practice effective networking strategies in small group work to practice mindful communication and influential relationship building skills
- Discover the correlation between effective networking and professional success
- Formulate a concise and direct elevator pitch introduction using Deborah’s step-by-step process
- Explore counter-approaches to social anxiety and internal pressure by examining realistic situational example
The Power Is Within You
Strong leadership skills result in cooperative workplace management, clear delegation of strategies and processes, and earned respect and trust of employees, peers, supervisors and partners. Today, 77% of organizations worldwide are currently experiencing a leadership gap as the Baby Boomer generation retires, leaving spots for the millennial generation to fill.
Global organizations such as The Center for Creative Leadership, The World Economic Forum, and the AQPC are continuously running studies, surveys and business benchmarks and report that the leadership gap continues to be a problem. Corporate professionals can learn to model exemplary leadership skills that drive creativity for innovative project ideas, grow the company at a sustainable pace and serve as mentors for future generations in order to close this pressing leadership gap.
During Deborah’s keynote program, she details powerful strategies that Corporate Professionals can use to increase self-confidence, drive innovation and become strong and respected leaders who inspire their teams.
- Define the terms: model leadership, leadership gap, sabotage and empowered decisions
- Review the differences between constructive behaviors vs counterproductive behaviors, sabotage vs success, and feeling overwhelmed vs feeling confident
- Examine strategies and benefits of closing the leadership gap for the individual and the company as a whole
- Learn the key tool to build confidence and make empowered decisions
- Experience a 4-step process to shift mindset practices and build confidence when serving in a leadership role
- Develop a formula to be more creative, innovative and productive using a powerful one minute practice
Travels from: Los Angeles, CA
Fee ragne: on request