Colette Carlson is a human behavior expert and CPAE Hall of Fame motivational keynote speaker who teaches audiences how to transform relationships through the power of connected conversations.
Colette’s presentations weave together powerful life lessons, research-backed strategies, and the call to action for personal and professional success. Audiences connect with Colette through her inspiring content, laugh-out-loud humor, and extensive customization.
With a Master’s Degree in Human Behavior and more than 20 years of experience helping individuals change behaviors that impact their success, Colette understands the psychology, mindset, and skills required to make positive, long-lasting change.
A Certified Speaking Professional (CSP), a designation held by fewer than 10% of the members belonging to the International Federation for Professional Speakers, Colette has shared her insights, observations, and research with thousands of people throughout the world. In 2017, Colette was inducted into the CPAE Speaker Hall of Fame, a recognition that honors professional speakers who have reached the top echelon of career excellence.
At the heart of every sale, every interaction between a leader and a team member, every conversation with a customer…. is a connection. How to make those connections effective, and leverage them for greater success, is the thread that is woven into every one of Colette Carlson’s presentations.
- Personal and Professional Wellness (Work/Life Balance, Stress, Time Management)
- Sales and Customer Service
- Women’s Events
Programs Titles and Descriptions
Up Your Connection Quotient
In order to make a sale and earn a customer, you must first make a connection. Wider and deeper relationships lead to increased sales, repeat business, and powerful referrals.
As a former national sales trainer, who cut her teeth in straight commission sales, Colette Carlson – Human Behavior will show you how to up your personal connection quotient to maximize relationships, revenue, and results.
Every program is customized for each audience. Some of Colette’s most-requested lessons include:
- Recognize that connection begins within
- Focus on opening the dialogue, rather than closing the sale
- Create a sincere selling mindset
- Align you thoughts, words, and actions to build trust and confidence
- Boost your sales team’s productivity, enthusiasm, and bottom line
- Embrace change in your ever-changing marketplace
- The power of ASK
The Connected Leader
Successful leaders understand the nuances in communication that make a big difference when inspiring action and cooperation. Leaders know the power of their words and understand that words alone do not generate trust, allegiance, and loyalty. Connection is the glue that keeps relationships, projects, and organizations together.
A leader must be authentic and exhibit the behaviors conveyed in their message to maintain respect for their authority. Advance your communication style, increase your credibility, earn respect, and gain support by learning how to:
- Communicate with candor and clarity to guide your team to achieve remarkable results
- Effectively receive feedback from your team
- Develop phrases that dissolve conflict and inspire cooperation
- Engage, persuade, and influence others through strategic storytelling
- Exhibit integrity and build trust when you walk your talk (especially under pressure!)
- Become a human highlighter who champions the accomplishments and strengths of every individual on your team
Many Communicate, Few Connect
The common denominators of the most successful people are the ability to effectively communicate and connect, regardless of the situation or audience.
In a competitive world filled with a global workforce, numerous communication challenges, and daily digital distractions, getting your message heard has never been more challenging. Clear, concise communication is no longer enough to get results: connection must be part of the equation. Productivity decreases, collaboration stalls, accountability suffers, and conflict and stress escalate when even the simplest of miscommunication occurs. Without connection, these outcomes are only heightened.
Connect and communicate on a deeper level to form crucial relationships that drive productivity, engagement, and collaboration by learning how to:
• Awaken your personal awareness to foster healthy communication
• Align your thoughts, words, and actions to build trust and increase influence
• Overcome conflict while maintaining a respectful, human connection
• Become a human highlighter who champions the accomplishments and
strengths of every individual on your team
• Increase rapport and leave a positive, lasting impression with everyone.
WORK-LIFE BALANCE / STRESS / PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT
Stress Less: YOU Management vs Time Management
The truth is whether you are in leadership, in sales, or on the front line, you are expected to produce more in less time with fewer resources, while staying positive and connected with colleagues, customers and clients. The reality is we are all stressed out, tightly wound, and exhausted trying to meet and exceed expectations. People have the best intentions that seem to go out the window before lunch as they are constantly changing schedules, demands, and priorities. Enough already! Create the focus, energy, and mindset necessary to make healthy choices and stay connected to those who count.
It’s no longer about time management, it’s about YOU management. Get ready to laugh-out loud and walk away ready to make positive, long-lasting change the next day.
Customized for every audience and their unique challenges, some of Colette’s most-requested lessons include:
• Differentiate between time management and YOU management
• Know when to let go or take control
• Eliminate unrealistic expectations and energy zappers
• Beat the stress and temptation of everyday life in healthy ways
• Build a positive mindset to increase mental toughness
3 Truths Female Leaders Need to Know
The world seeks more women leaders.
Colette Carlson – Human Behavior delivers the latest research and strategies specific to women in leadership, so they can be recognized, respected, and rewarded in their career. Participants will gain a bigger self-awareness and learn the skills necessary to being a credible and confident leader.
Deliver positive results for your company or organization by learning how to:
• Identify and change communication patterns that limit your influence
• Employ the art of self-promotion to express your success in a manner that gains supporters and censors critics
• Build a persuasive case to back up your ASK for maximum impact
• Cultivate connections that count: identify, access, and develop strategic relationships
• Give and receive feedback so it lands as a gift
• Increase risk taking and choose to fail forward
• Strategically say no to grow to the next level
• Stay resilient through constant change and challenges
“Colette’s infectious spirit, passion for her subject, and humorous delivery engaged the audience which is why we would highly recommend her as a speaker for your next event!”
Ginnie Roeglin, Senior Vice President, Costco Wholesale
“Colette Carlson – Human Behavior is an amazing speaker! She did a keynote for 2300 franchise owners, general managers, and managers and a breakout session for 1500 general managers and managers. She did a great job researching our business and sharing stories and examples that the participants could relate to. The participants found her funny and insightful. The vast majority of the participants rated her as Excellent! She was also a delight to work with in planning the conference as well as on-site. I highly recommend Colette as a speaker!”
Lora Peterson, Director, Great Clips University
“Colette was a huge hit at our Leadership Series, and people are still talking about it! We were all so impressed by the way she researched and got to know us. As a result, she nailed it, gained immediate credibility and connected with everyone! Colette was knowledgeable, relatable and down to earth… what more could you ask for.”
Donna Sanders, People Development Mgr, Texas Roadhouse
“Your presentation exceeded our expectations as a keynote speaker. The attendees and NASN staff are impressed that you tailored your presentation to school nurses, including your school nursing visuals — the slide of IEP blocks and the props used in the busy nurse skit on stage. Conference participants including school nurses in the health office and school nurse administrators commented to me that you truly understood them and the challenges they face. Your presentation was a fitting conclusion to our conference as you empowered the audience and provided them with insight on how to take action when they return home.”
Sarah Butler, MS, RN, CDE, NCSN, Director of Diabetes and Nursing Education, National Association of School Nurses
“Colette’s enthusiasm, humor and very practical advice were a huge hit with our group of women General Counsel and senior level in-house counsel. Colette fully committed to our program – spending time with our attendees and other speakers to gain a deep understanding of our challenges and goals. She made sincere personal connections — as a result, her session fit perfectly within our program, and our attendees left energized and better prepared to address the obstacles that impede their success and the success of the organizations they serve.”
Chair, National Assn. of Women Lawyers 8th General Counsel Institute
Travels from: San Diego area, CA
Speaking fee: from $15,000 – $25,000