Abdullah Verachia has been internationally recognised as a leading speaker, disruptor, strategist and thought leader on competitiveness and the interplay between strategy and disruptive innovation. He has presented and consulted in over sixty cities globally. Abdullah is now available through Speakers Inc.
Having served in senior executive and board roles, crafted competitive strategies for leading companies and governments, lectured at some of the top ranked business schools and built and run successful companies Abdullah fuses practice, insight and experience into a beautiful tapestry.
Global Thought Leader and Strategist
He holds a Masters in Management (Cum Laude) and has also completed executive programmes on strategy and shared value and on Competitiveness, with Professor Michael Porter’s Institute of Strategy and Competitiveness, at Harvard Business School as well as on broadcast technology at Columbia Business School.
Business Leader – Senior Executive Experience
Abdullah is the Chief Executive Officer of The Strategists – a leading strategy consulting firm that helps governments and corporates to craft competitive future strategies. Abdullah Verachia – Disruptor Strategist also serves as faculty at GIBS and programme director for the Harvard Senior Executive Programme for Africa.
He is on the boards of General Electric in South Africa, Education Africa and The Collective Genius. Abdullah previously served as Executive: International at Rand Merchant Bank as well as partner and co-founder at Frontier Advisory. He is also the co-founder of a leading motor industry disruptor.
He led the team that crafted the 2017 – 2030 Gauteng Economic Development Strategy with the Premier and Executive Council. He also led the 2017 Mauritius Competitiveness foresight strategy.
Globally Sought-After Speaker
Abdullah has presented to over 250 global companies and institutions and has been recognised for his incredibly powerful addresses on disruption and disintermediation.
He has been asked to present at some of the world’s leading institutions including the School of Public and International Affairs at Colombia University in New York, the OECD in Paris and Casa Asia in Madrid amongst others.
In December 2017 Abdullah received a standing ovation at the widely acclaimed TedxEuston in London.
Abdullah is also a regular media commentator and is currently co-authoring a book on Leading in a changing world – the future of disruption. Abdullah Verachia – Disruptor Strategist also serves on a few boards. Companies and organisations have found Abdullah’s unique blend of legal, business, emerging market, academic and youth experience to add incredible value to their strategies.
He has received numerous leadership awards including being selected for the Brightest Young Minds in South Africa.
Abdullah’s awards include:
- Awarded fifteen year excellence award for the contribution and development of the Model United Nations.
- Awarded honorary member of the Golden Key
- International Honour Society.Wits Business School Deans list of merit.
- Appointed by the Minister of Trade and Industry as a judge for the South African Premier Business Awards.
Abdullah’s keynotes include:
- Disruption, disintermediation and digital. Crafting competitive strategy in a complex and rapidly evolving environment.
“We are moving into a discontinuous, disruptive, digital world, underpinned by rapid disintermediation and sector shifts. This compels us to explore new ways to drive growth and competitiveness of firms and organisations.”
A bespoke and beautifully presented view of disruption in the global economy as well as the impact of this on sectors and companies
This talk provides and incredibly powerful view on the rapidly evolving external environment and how the changing political, economic, technological, digital and regulatory landscapes are disrupting the world of business as we know it.
Deep insights based on strategy work with leading global multinationals, industry thought leaders and organisations in an array of sectors.
This talk focuses on how disruption is impacting all sectors and gives nuanced and granular view on the winners and losers in various sectors.
The session ends with making sense of the hype and crafting effective strategies.
“True disruption means threatening your existing product line and your past investments. Breakthrough products disrupt current lines of businesses.” Peter Diamandis.
2. Making sense of the noise: The hashtags that will shift our 2018 and the so what and now what. A powerful look at the political, socio-economic, technological and business trends that will impact our 2018 and beyond.
3. Thinking exponentially – Building the mindset that will get you to navigate an exponential world.
4. Beyond the headlines: A real view on South Africa.
“Abdullah’s presentation on the country gives a real, accurate and truly special view of South Africa and how to navigate the landscape.”
The South African landscape is filled with a significant amount of hype. This presentation gives a contextually relevant and nuanced view of South Africa and cuts through the “noise” to give a real view of South Africa.
- Opportunities and value creation in South Africa.
- Navigating and crafting competitiveness in the SA landscape.
- Tools with which to navigate government, business, civil society and the broader South African landscape.
5. Customised trends and strategy insight for your sector and your company.
Travels from: Johannesburg, South Africa
- South Africa: R50,000 – R65,000
- International – $12,500